Phil Castle, The Business Times Connie Ferguson jokes that what started out as a craft show exploded into a department store. In looking for a location for an extended holiday arts and crafts show, Ferguson founded instead an enterprise that’s evolved far beyond her initial…May 21 2013 / Leave A Comment / Read More »
Phil Castle, The Business Times Norma Roberts leads an impromptu tour through the StarTek center in Grand Junction, pointing out various features of the facility as she walks and talks: the training and conference rooms, the cafeteria and, of course, the massive space in which…May 8 2013 / Leave A Comment / Read More »
Phil Castle, The Business Times An inventive entrepreneur who combined his passions for business and cooking to start a venture selling cheesecakes in jars expects to expand his operation with an East Coast location. By simultaneously tapping into larger markets and lowering shipping costs, Lee…Apr 30 2013 / 1 Comment / Read More »
Phil Castle, The Business Times Rock Cesario remembers well the predictions he’s heard over the years. Changing music technology would relegate vinyl albums to a dustbin of history already piled high with buggy whips. As it turned out, though, rumors of the death of records…Apr 24 2013 / 2 Comments / Read More »
Bonsai Designs sells what it bills as world-class experiences. There’s the heart-pounding thrill of flying down ziplines suspended high above the ground, to be sure. But there’s also the quiet and contemplative pleasures of walking through forests and encountering nature up close and very personal.…Apr 9 2013 / Leave A Comment / Read More »
From The Staff
- story $40 million project planned to complete top two floors in St. Mary’s Hospital tower
- story New SBA regional director out to help entrepreneurs
- story Unique boutique: Crafty vendors realize entrepreneurial dreams
- story Mesa County jobless rate trending downward
- story New Habitat for Humanity director relishes role
- story Property manager skeptical of apartment survey results
- story Busier seasons expected to change downward lodging trend
- story Sales tax collections drop, but at a slower pace
- column There are lessons to be learned from the devastation in Oklahoma
- column What’s next? A thong that detects flatulence?
- column It’s safe to assume, that the cops acted …
- column Maybe I should’ve told Michigan to “break a leg”
- column Vomiting on command strictly for politicians
- column I doubt there’s Tacit(us) approval to Rand(y) government overreach
- column I serve at the pleasure of … the local newspaper?
- column Why did the chicken wing eater cross the road?