Phil Castle The Business Times Diane Schwenke welcomes the inquiries she fields at the Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce. But if Schwenke doesn’t have an immediate answer to a question or the chamber a needed service to offer, she knows who to call. “I’ll…Aug 27 2014 / Leave A Comment / Read More »
Phil Castle, The Business Times Jerry Stehman knows from personal experience the importance of hunting and recreational shooting to Colorado businesses. For nearly 30 years, Stehman has operated a Grand Junction store that depends on hunters and shooters. “That’s who we cater to. That’s what…Aug 12 2014 / Leave A Comment / Read More »
Phil Castle, The Business Times Peggy Barron knows what dogs need: plenty of exercise and interaction, but also a quiet place to rest and feel safe. She also knows what dog owners need: a boarding facility to care for their pets that also offers grooming…Jul 15 2014 / Comments Off / Read More »
Phil Castle, The Business Times Seth Schaeffer loves nothing more than telling stories in the videos his company creates. Whether they’re explaining what a business does or pitching its products or services, the videos also convey what Schaeffer describes as the humanity behind the brands.…Jul 9 2014 / Comments Off / Read More »
Phil Castle, The Business Times When construction slowed in the Grand Valley — and the sheet metal business along with it — Wes Beaver began thinking of other ways to use the expensive machinery at his Grand Junction company. He came up with an idea to…Jun 24 2014 / Comments Off / Read More »
From The Staff
- story Mesa County real estate sales closing in on 2013 pace
- story Gallery and downtown offices planned for shared building
- story Who ya gonna call? Range of resources available to small businesses
- story The Pawsitive approach: Academy teaches dogs — and their owners — new tricks
- story Site selector to share insights about Mesa County
- story SCORE: Business group returning to Grand Valley
- story Mesa County jobless rate drops to near six-year low.
- story Outlook bright for Colorado agriculture industry
- column Is it how busy I am, or how busy everything else is?
- column Living in a vicarious world, and I’m a non-participant …
- column That and $300 will get you some school supplies
- column Politics of personal destruction come once again to River City
- column To my first-time readers, welcome to my column
- column Everything old is new again, especially on your ballot …
- column National park plan a monumental waste of our time … or is it?
- column The fix is in, even if we have to fix it until it’s broken