The City of Grand Junction has revamped its website to incorporate new features and tools intended to help users find the information and services they need.
“We are a leader in innovation and technology. It is imperative that our residents and visitors are able to easily access the information they need, and this website helps better facilitate that process,” said Grand Junction City Manager Greg Caton.
The city launched the new website in collaboration with CivicPlus, the website designer.
Located at www.gjcity.org, the website offers interactive features, including:
- Citizen help center, which allows users to report non-emergency concerns.
- Form center, which allows users to request and submit forms, including planning clearance and special event permit applications as well as sales tax remittance forms.
- News and announcements, which provides on the homepage city news and updates.
- Notify me, which allows users to sign up for notifications by email or text message about agendas, emergencies, general news, project updates and special events.
- Pay online, which gives residents the ability to pay parking tickets, sales taxes and utility bills online.
- The revamped website is mobile-friendly and secured for user privacy protection.
Content on the revamped website can be translated into any language using a translation feature.
“Launching a website that celebrates the diversity of our city was a priority to me and our staff,” Caton said. “We now have a site that works for everyone.”
In addition to the main city website, the webpages for the fire, parks and recreation and police departments also were redesigned.