A total of 27 retail food service businesses in Mesa County earned Blue Ribbon awards for 2010.
The Mesa County Board of Health presents the awards to full-service food service businesses that are open to the public; provide menus and seating; and demonstrate superior sanitation practices, including no critical violations during the calendar year.
In Grand Junction, the winners are:
- Berna B’s Classic Cuisine and Catering,
- the Burger King on North Avenue,
- Cookies Outlaw Cafe,
- Dairy Queen locations on the Interstate Highway 70 Business Loop and Orchard Mesa,
- Fraps & Wraps,
- Nick-N-Willy’s Pizza,
- Pablo’s Pizza,
- the Pizza Hut location on North Avenue,
- the Subway location on 12th Street,
- Taco Bell locations on Horizon Drive and U.S. Highway 6 & 50, and
- Tequila’s Mexican Family Restaurant.
In Clifton, the winners are:
- the Burger King location on the I-70 Business Loop,
- Dos Hombres,
- the McDonalds location on the I-70 Business Loop and
- the Qdoba location on 32 Road.
In Fruita, the winners are:
- Munchies Pizza and Deli,
- the Subway location on Raptor Road and
- the Taco Bell location on Kokopelli Boulevard.
In Palisade, the winners are:
- Diorio’s, Inari’s — A Palisade Bistro and
- Slice O Life Bakery.
In Collbran, the winners are:
- Collbran Creamery and
- The Drive-In.s
And in Mesa,
- Blink Coffee Company also earned a Blue Ribbon award.