Small to medium-sized businesses need every advantage possible to remain competitive in a shrinking economy. As consumers spend less and less, business owners must spend their marketing dollars more wisely than ever to retain current customers and bring new ones through the doors.
Business owners who take advantage of text message marketing often enjoy a larger return on money spent. Compared to other forms of traditional advertising, text message marketing offers the lowest cost and highest rate of return. When used in conjunction with traditional print, radio and television advertising, business owners see increased traffic and can communicate more effectively to their customers on a more frequent basis.
Text message marketing can be used as a digital connector to social media, including company Web sites, Facebook pages, mobile optimized Web sites or customized landing pages created around event information, special promotions or value-driven sales and savings.
Since customers have to opt-in to receive information, they want to hear from you. Text message marketing is a extension of your word-of-mouth, personalized advertising. It’s a perfect way to communicate to your customer to keep them informed and up-to-date.
Here are some of the advantages of text message marketing:
- Cost: For under $120 a month, you can deliver 1,000 texts to your customers. Case studies show up to a 27 percent increase in traffic through the door for businesses with a residual customer base. The larger your campaign gets, the lower the costs drop on a per-customer basis.
- Reach: Your customers never leave home without their mobile phones. No matter where they are or what they’re doing, your message will reach members of your target audience. What’s more, 90 percent of your customers already use their phones for text messaging. Adding a text message marketing campaign to your advertising tool box is a natural extension to communicate to them in their daily lives.
- Redemption: Average text message marketing redemption rates range between 15 percent and 30 percent. Other marketing techniques, such as e-mail and direct mail, rarely top 2 percent to 3 percent.
- Speed: Text message broadcasts and campaigns can be set up in minutes. When you send out a new text blast, it reaches your customer in minutes and 97 percent are read within four minutes. If you need increased business on a single day, no other marketing technique has the power of text message marketing.
- Control: You have full control over your text marketing. No waiting for sales reps, changing ad positions or rising costs. You control your subscriber list, timing and message without outside interference, but with instant deliverability.
The conclusion is that if you operate a small to medium-sized business, now is the time to start building your database to reach your customers effectively, efficiently and affordably. Text message marketing works.