The latest results of an annual membership survey conducted by the National Federation of Independent Business in Colorado offer some insights into what small business owners want when it comes to five select issues. The NFIB uses the survey results to determine its lobbying positions on state and national issues.
Here’s what members said they support:
- State legislation that provides tax incentives and public money to businesses to promote economic development and job growth.
- The transfer of some state functions to the private sector and more public-private partnerships to increase efficiencies and cut state costs.
- The repeal of the state sales tax imposed on energy used in manufacturing.
- State penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants.
- And a state-established health insurance exchange rather than deferring to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.